Saturday, February 19, 2011

New York City - A Road Trip!

New York City - A Road Trip!


A few weeks ago I packed up  my bags and loaded the car for an exciting road trip to visit a good friend of mine in New York City.  It was just a few days away to clear my head, catch up with an old friend and of course... shop!!!


While my philosophy is very much "buy local" there are just some things that you can't get or will have a LOT of trouble finding here in Canada.  Among this list are drool-worthy jewelry making tools and supplies.  So, after a little advance research, I found a great little shop called "Metalliferous" just down the way from Rockefeller Center at 34 West and 46th St.


What a treat! The Metalliferous staff was extremely patient, helpful and friendly.  I picked up a load of copper, a little bit f silver sheet and fine silver bezel (the cost of silver is crushing!) some tools and a pickle pot.  I can't wait to start working on a few sea glass projects that I've been dreaming about for quite some time!  If you would like to check out Metalliferous for yourself, visit their website at: www.metaliferous.com



While in NYC, my friend and I took the tram from Roosevelt Island into Manhattan.  Oh my goodness she didn't warn me about this!  Little do my friends know... I have a terrible fear of falling!  The tram crosses the water and then drops into traffic.  It's a gorgeous and newly renovated gondola but it's so very VERY high!  Anyway, we survived and as a treat she took me to Serendipity.  Have you seen the movie?  It was named after a small cafe that serves up the most scruptous deserts!  I've attached a picture of me savouring one of their hot chocolates heaping over with whipped cream and chocolate shavings - YUMMY!  I totally recommend it!


Overall, it was a great trip and I can't wait to go back.


- Tara from Treasure Trunk Designs




Check out that heaping mountain of whip cream sprinkled with chocolate shavings over a deliciously rich hot chocolate... Serendipity you are divine!


Tara with Dave from Metalliferous - awesome customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts by commenting!